Sunday, October 28, 2012

Patterns

I know that patterns are not a Common Core Standard  (which is hard to believe) but I think that they are so important to learning! We see patterns everywhere, especially in our reading! Although I do not spend a lot of time on it,  I still teach patterns every year. (Even though it is not a standard.. gasp!! ) The boys and girls always love learning about patterns and especially love being able to find patterns in the real world!!  I feel learning about patterns gives them a sense of confidence because it is something they see everywhere and are able to understand fairly quickly.
First, we learned about sound and movement patterns..





Then we learned about color, shape and other patterns!



Do you still teach patterns in your class? 

0 comments:

Post a Comment