Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Stretching Words

Today during writing we worked on s-t-r-e-t-c-h-i-n-g out our words! I used my "Writing Worm" to model how to stretch out a word. The boys and girls thought this was just the greatest thing ever :) This was of course until I told them that they were going to get to use worms to stretch out their words as well.  The excitement on their faces was priceless. All of a sudden, writing became much easier and they had more confidence! I love using "writing worms"! This is also great for just segmenting words in general for things like DIBELS :) I got my worm (which is much bigger) and the student worms at the Dollar Tree!




1 comments:

Penny Lundquist said...

You have been Booed!Don't worry...it's a good thing! Check out my blog: http://www.superlativescience.com/2012/10/ive-been-boo-ed.html

Post a Comment