Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Composing and Decomposing Numbers

We have been working reallllllly hard on composing and decomposing numbers 11-19 into 10's and 1's. After really digging deep into the Math Common Core Standards this year (with lots of training)  I can finally say that I feel comfortable teaching them!  Although we taught them last year, it was pretty much a learning experience. Since we did not (and still do not) have curriculum that is aligned to these standards we have had to do a lot of research and searching! Thank goodness for Pinterest and Teachers Pay Teachers! I have also started making my own Common Core aligned materials and here is one of them! Click here to go to my Teachers Pay Teachers store to get your copy! My sweet kiddos have been working so hard on this skill and they are doing great! They really enjoy using the number bond flashcards to play games. I  printed them out and glued them back to back (with a piece of construction paper in the middle for durability) and then laminated them. This way the answer is on the back. They have also really enjoyed the worksheets because they "get it". They are able to show how to make each number including tally marks!!! Amazing :)


I couldn't get these to turn the right way but I wanted you to see their work :)





0 comments:

Post a Comment